Monday, May 3, 2010

Assistive Technology

The assistive technology assignment was one that I was most surprised with. I had no clue of the many, helpful tools that a computer had to offer. Not only that, they all required NO downloading and even had short cut keys to turn a certain function on and off. Assistive technology, to me, breaks barriers for the physical, hearing, or visual impaired. And, also for people who needs a little extra help trying to see or hear things on the computer. This assignment gave me an understanding on how to assist a student who needs help in a quicker and more one-on-one basis. I knew some of the functions before covering this chapter, but I am very happy that I can go in and change settings and know what I am doing when I am needing helping trying to see or hear on a computer.

Please check out my assistive technology artifact: Assistive technology

No comments:

Post a Comment